Wednesday, June 03, 2009

End of Day 2


Well I am just about to go to bed at the end of my 2nd day home. I think I am doing ok so far, walking is a bit tricky still as I have to rely on my other back leg which is not so good, but I have a rather fetching sheepskin sling to wear under my tummy which helps a bit. Trouble is my mum can't keep up with me in the garden and tells me to sloooow down.
The picture shows my leg before I managed to get the dressing off. I counted and I have 15 staples holding it all together. They can come out in a week or so. I've had a lot of my hair shaved off which is quite sad really, I never had much hair to begin with and it's taken me 8 years to grow it. Now I've got to start all over again. I feel a bit like a poodle with a pom pom on the end of my tail. Well it would be a pom pom if there was a bit more of it. Now if Buca had the same trim he really would look like a poodle.
I'm a good boy taking all my tablets. I have to have them twice a day which means I have dinner twice a day. And I don't go short on treats either so life's pretty good for a recovering spinone at the moment.
I know that I have a few poorly spinone friends so wish them all the best, especially Frank who lives with Buca's brother. He was checking into my luxury accommodation the day after I left and was probably going to need an MRI scan. He is in a bad way and I'm keeping all my paws crossed that they can sort him out.
Off to get some zzzz now so I'll catch up again tomorrow.
Hudson (aged 7 years, 11 months and 362 days)

1 comment:

The 'splorin' Wolfies said...

i think you are doing really really well! please keep the updates coming!! hey--you are really big huh?